Friday, May 9, 2008

au revoir paris

This hotel is charging me an arm and a leg so i’ll keep it short. I met with my cousin safely and we leave for Krakow tomorrow for the Eastern European portion of our trip. Good-bye paris. Highlights of my trip have included:

-visiting the graves of Edith Piaf, Jim Morisson, Oscar Wilde, Charlie Chaplin.

-an unexpected trip.

-getting kicked out of the Sacre Coeur cathedral for being immodestly dressed. (shakes fist at the catholic church)

-sneaking back to the steps of Sacre Coeur at night after mel and I caught a great show at this bar. The musicians had moved on to the streets for a spontaneous midnight jam session, so i got to enjoy the dancing and singing of bohemian gypsy jazz in the warm paris night air.

So there, catholic church. Now, on to Poland, for more catholic fun!