Thursday, May 6, 2010

limited!

We’re on beautiful Jeju Island right now. There is so much to write about, but they charge for Internet here (they charge for everything here) and I just don’t have enough time to talk about all the things we’ve seen…

The other day, we met up with a family friend S. in Yongin yesterday to visit a traditional Korean folk village. The bus drive into town was something. I didn’t quite see Seoul ending at any point – it just seemed to meld into and become other cities. There is just so much urban sprawl all over Korea. My aunt was telling us how nobody can afford to buy a house in Korea because there just isn’t any space – so everyone just builds up. I swear, I watched out the window for half an hour and there was not a single break in the rows after rows after rows of high-rise apartment buildings. All nestled among mountains. It’s really like nothing else we’ve seen in spacious open Canada. Korea is just so densely populated.


Korean totem polls


Korean farmer making straw mats



If Dalton McGuinty was Korean, this would be his office. And these would be his torture instruments in front.


DSCF 6303
I’m wanted.