Thursday, January 5, 2012

the heat and the heartburn

So I've made it safely back to Windhoek after my big holiday trip. Windhoek is empty because everyone's still on vacation, which is smart. it's hot here, forty degrees, and my place has no air conditioning. It hasn't rained in forever.

It's been one of the best Christmas vacations I've ever had, but also one of the most physically trying ones, as is evidenced by the fact that I'm battling a cold, asthma, heartburn, allergies, and an eye infection all at the same time as an aftermath. i'm having some trouble sleeping at night, partly from the heat and the heartburn, but also because for the first time in three weeks i'm not sharing my room with three to six othr people. it's an odd feeling to wake up to.

I'm going to continue posting about my adventures in Cape Town. You can also read my Road Oppa Joseph's take on our Zambian trip:

"This side you are safe. This side you lose your life."

"I don't like your shorts. I like your face."

Also, feel free to check out my feature article on Mr. Gay Namibia that Canadian LGBTI newspaper Xtra published recently:

A Pageant for Tolerance

Happy New Years, y'all!