Thursday, June 27, 2013

back from Ottawa

As you may have noticed, I've taken a short break from blogging while I took a trip "down south" to my old home in Ottawa doing things that I don't normally get to do in Cambridge Bay, including laser tag, bumper cars, going to the driving range, glow-in-the-dark mini golf, catching some live music shows, eating my mom's homemade Korean food and helping my sister get married.

Ottawa has been hot, humid, and rainy. My skin is breaking out, unused to the moisture int he air. My hair gets greasy fast, and worst of all my allergies have flared up to such a state that my eyes are always itchy and my nose is always running. I seem to have developed a severe allergy to trees, which suggests I may have to live in the Arctic forever. Or maybe move to Arizona. At any rate, it was a bit of a relief to return to dry, cold Cambridge Bay, where the ocean is still frozen and the air is a brisk dry minus 3 degrees. And now I've resumed blogging - stay tuned!

Curtis Chaffey from The Split, hosting open mic night at Alice's Village Cafe in Carp

 
getting poutine at what Rob claims is the best poutine place in Ottawa, the Crispy Fries in the Canadian Tire parking lot on Merivale Road.

Rob plays with our niece Lucy
 
blurry photo of my brother-in-law Kevin's band HIGHS performing at Raw Sugar Cafe 

preparing for my sister's bachelorette party 

whacking a few balls at the driving range 

BUMPER CARS! 

Rob's cousin had twin babies! 

glow in the dark mini-golf, which is mostly dark 
 
Alium restaurant, where we ordered every plate on the menu.