Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NorthWords

Wanted to share some great news with you all. I recently won a prize for a writing competition held by NorthWords, for my short story "The Mercy of the Loon". What a surprise! It's going to be published in the Northern magazine above and beyond. I'll post the link to the article once it's up, but for those of you asking what my story was about, I'll tell you that involves kayaking. And a loon.

If you're interested in hearing me talk about it, I'm going to be on the CBC North radio show Trail's End today, interviewed by show host Allison Devereaux, at 5:40PM Mountain (that's 7:40PM EST).

A big thanks to my friends Erin Collins and Jared Davidson of Jam Jar Words for their editing assistance, and also to my ever-encouraging husband Rob. A special thanks to Bram and the Ikaluktutiak Paddling Association for inspiring me.

 
I miss kayaking